- What Auto Transport Options Are Available to Hawaii?
- How Do I Prepare My Car For Shipping To Hawaii?
- Shipping Your Car To Hawaii in Four Simple Steps.
- Is The Process The Same If I Want To Ship My Car Back From Hawaii?
Moving to Hawaii is a big adventure. You will have to make a lot of decisions about what to take with you and what to leave behind. One of the biggest decisions you will have to make is whether or not to ship your car to Hawaii. Although shipping your car across the water to Hawaii may seem like a huge and complicated undertaking, it doesn’t have to be. eShip Auto Transport is the expert in auto transport to and from Hawaii and, drawing on our ten years of experience, we have put together a guide detailing everything you need to know about shipping your car to Hawaii.
What Auto Transport Options Are Available to Hawaii?
eShip Auto Transport offers two options for shipping your car to Hawaii; door to port and port to port. The best option for you will depend on how close you live to a port and what level of convenience you require. Whichever option you choose, you can rest assured that your transport will be stress-free and that your eShip Auto Transport agent will be available to you during the entire process.
Port To Port.
If you live within driving distance of a major seaport, our port-to-port option may be the best choice for you. This is our more economical choice as you will drive your car to the port yourself, turn it over to your eShip Auto Transport agent, and meet your car again at the port in Hawaii. As there is no ground transport involved, the cost of port-to-port transport is lower than door-to-port transport.
Door To Port.
If you choose door-to-port transport, our driver will meet you at a prearranged location, load your car onto our multi-vehicle trailer and take it to the departure port for you. The next time you see your car will be when it arrives safe and sound at the port in Hawaii. This option will cost a little more, but it boasts the convenience of having your car picked up from your home, office or location of your choice and taken directly to the departure port.
How Do I Prepare My Car For Shipping To Hawaii?
There are some guidelines you will need to follow in order to prepare your car for shipping to Hawaii. These guidelines are to ensure the safety of your car and the ship’s crew while at sea and are prescribed by the United States Department of Transportation. It is important to follow them carefully. If you have any questions or concerns about these regulations, be sure to contact your eShip Auto Transport agent for clarification and guidance.
Before your car can be loaded you must ensure that:
- Your gas tank is less than ¼ full
- Your car is clean on the exterior and in the interior. This ensures that a full inspection can be made at the departure port.
- Your car is free from personal items. You are, however, permitted to leave attached infant seats in your car.
- Your car’s tires are properly inflated, your brakes are working and all of your windows are functioning.
- Your car alarm is completely disabled.
Shipping Your Car To Hawaii in Four Simple Steps.
- Step One: Contact eShip Auto Transport and get a free and accurate quote. Once you are satisfied that eShip Auto Transport is the best choice to transport your car to Hawaii, simply call us or jump on our easy-to-navigate website and make your booking.
- Step Two: Prepare your car for shipping being careful to follow all Department of Transportation regulations to the letter.
- Step Three: If you are shipping door to port, meet our transport driver at your home or place of business, hand over your vehicle, and your job is done.
If you are shipping from port to port, drive your car to the departure port and turn it over to your eShip Auto Transport agent who will take the process from there.
- Step Four: Your car arrives in Hawaii. You will be required to pick your car up at the port in Hawaii once it has been cleared through US Customs. If you are not available to meet your car at the port, you may send a proxy in your place. If you choose to do so, you will need to let eShip Auto Transport know so that we can update that information in your booking and avoid unnecessary delays at pick-up.
Is The Process The Same If I Want To Ship My Car Back From Hawaii?
Although the process of shipping your car from Hawaii back to the mainland is similar, there are a few key differences to note. The two options offered by eShip Auto Transport for shipping your car from Hawaii are port-to-port or port-to-door. We do not offer door-to-port shipping service from Hawaii. This means that you will be required to deliver your car to your eShip Auto Transport agent at your departure port in Hawaii.
When shipping your car back to the mainland, there are a few paperwork requirements that you must comply with. When you deliver your car to the departure port in Hawaii you will be required to present:
- A government-issued picture ID.
- A copy of your booking confirmation that includes your vessel booking number.
- The title to the vehicle or a lienholder authorization for financed cars.
- The car’s current registration.
- Your car keys and alarm remote.
- If the car is being delivered to the port by a proxy, a letter of power of attorney stating that the car may be shipped.
eShip Auto Transport. Let Us Answer Your Questions.
eShip Auto Transport agents are ready to take your call and answer any questions you may still have about
shipping your car to Hawaii, give you a fast, accurate quote, and assist with your car transport in any way they can.