What is the Difference Between Enclosed and Open Transport for Cars?
The difference is the trailer that carries the car.
- Enclosed: Here the car is protected from the elements and not usually visible from the outside. The trailer has a roof. It will have either metal sides or open sides with a tarp. This method offers better protection from the elements.
- Open: This is what you’re most accustomed to seeing. These are the big, open car carrier trailers. The carrier keeps the cars secure as they are locked in place. The trailer has no roof or sides.
What are the Benefits of Open Trailers?
The more protected option is not always necessary or cost-effective. Here are the reasons that you might want to consider an open solution instead:
- Cost: Open transport is less expensive than enclosed options. This is because the trailer is lighter, and can transport more cars at a time.
- Convenience: Open carriers are a lot more common than enclosed ones. If you’re transporting your car, it might take longer if you select an enclosed carrier.
It’s safe: The cars might need to be wiped down after a long trip, but they’re not likely to be damaged. Only around 5% of vehicles are damaged when being transported this way.
But Won’t My Car Get Damaged?
As we’ve stated, the risks are low. The open environment does expose your car to dust and debris. There is a small chance that something in the road could be flung up onto your car. Unless you have a high-end model or a collector’s item, it may not be cost-effective to switch.
In most cases, the worst that happens is that you have to wipe some bugs off the windshield.
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW!
OR CALL (800) 906-6909
Then Why Don’t I Drive My Car Myself?
If you’re relocating, you might feel that it’s cheaper to drive your car yourself. If it’s a long drive, though, this could be a false economy. Let’s look at an example to illustrate this point. We’ll assume that you’re moving from Los Angeles to New York.
That’s a distance of 2,700 miles (38 hours of driving time). You won’t be able to drive without proper rest breaks and sleeping. So, you’d have to factor in costs for refreshments, motels, tolls, and so on. Overall, the cost of the gas is just a small part of the equation.
Using our transport service enables you to:
- Reduce your costs: You’re essentially splitting the costs with other people using the same carrier. An auto-transporter can hold as many as 12 cars. This makes a far more cost-effective means of transport.
- Be more environmentally friendly: It’s a better option for the environment. Those 12 cars are not active during the journey. So, instead of the emissions of 12 vehicles, it’s only the car transport that’s using gas.
Spend your time more productively: Instead of spending the 38 hours trying to crush mind-numbing boredom, you get to spend your time more productively. You could, instead, help your kids settle into their new school, or spruce up your new home.
Why Choose Us?
We’re one of the best transport brokers in the country. And that’s according to Consumer Affairs. We consistently rank in the top three. We’ve maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. That’s not easy in this industry.
How we manage it is quite simple – we always put our clients first. From day one, you’ll see the difference. Here are some of the things that make us unique:
- We’re open for business seven days a week: Most other operators take the weekends off. We don’t do this because it impacts lead times substantially. While our competitors are relaxing in the pool, we’re out there securing the best deals for you.
- We assign you one point of contact per deal: Don’t you hate it when you call your sales consultant, and they say, “You’ll have to speak to accounts”? With us, you deal with one consultant from start to finish. You don’t have to play phone tag anymore.
- We give accurate quotes upfront: Yes, if you compare quotes, you’ll probably find cheaper options. The difference is that our quote is correct, and we deliver. Many companies offer lowball quotes and are then unable to find a carrier that wants to take on the job.
- We’ve got extensive industry contacts: We’ve been in business for ten years. Over that time, we’ve built up an extensive network. That’s why we can so easily match our clients with the right carriers.
- We hold our carriers up to exceptionally high standards: We don’t just work with any carrier. If the carrier lets you down, it damages our reputation, so we’re selective. We regularly reevaluate the service that the carriers are providing so that you get the best.
- We work hard to get the best deal: You tell us where and when you need your car moved. We’ll check our national database of carriers and find the best possible rate. We’ve even been known to pull the, “I can get it cheaper from …” to get you the best deal.
- You don’t pay a dime until we’ve found the driver: It’s easy to tell a client that transporting their car will cost a certain amount and demand a deposit. What’s not so easy is that the carrier must also agree to the deal. We don’t ask for a cent until we’ve secured your carrier.
Areas We Serve
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- New York
- New Hampshire
- Puerto Rico