Open Auto Transport
Open Auto Transport with eShip’s Open-Air Transport Services
Use America’s favorite open auto transport services! Do you want to ship your car? We offer a full range of open transport services for all types of vehicles. In addition to our open auto transport services, eShip Auto Transport offers enclosed transport for vehicles for increased car care.
Call eShip at 800-906-6909 or complete the form on our site for an immediate online auto transport quote to ship a vehicle to another city and State in an open auto transport. We’ll find you a reliable carrier charging reasonable rates. Open Auto Transport.
What is the Difference Between Open and Enclosed Transport for Cars?
The difference between a car transport open vs enclosed option is the trailer that carries the car.
- Enclosed: Here the car is protected from the elements and not usually visible from the outside. The trailer has a roof. It will have either metal sides or open sides with a tarp. This method offers better protection from the elements.
- Open: This is what you’re most accustomed to seeing. These are the big, open-car carrier trailers. The carrier keeps the cars secure as they are locked in place. The trailer has no roof or sides. Vehicles being transported on open-air auto transport go on open carrier auto transports that are designed to handle one or more cars.
What are Benefits of Open Transport Trailers?
The more protected option is not always necessary or cost-effective. Here are the reasons that you might want to consider an open solution instead:
- Cost: Open car transport cost is less expensive than enclosed options. This is because the trailer is lighter, and can transport more cars at a time.
- Convenience: Open carrier transport is a lot more common than enclosed ones. If you’re transporting your car, it might take longer if you select an enclosed carrier.
- It’s safe: The cars might need to be wiped down after a long trip on an open road auto transport, but they’re not likely to be damaged. Only around 5% of vehicles are damaged when being transported on any open air auto transport carrier or trailer.
But Won’t My Car Get Damaged Using an Open Transport?
As we’ve stated, the risks are low. The open environment does expose your car to dust and debris. There is a small chance that something in the road could be flung up onto your car. Unless you have a high-end model or a collectors item, it may not be cost-effective to switch.
In most cases, the worst that happens is that you have to wipe some bugs off the windshield.
Then Why Don’t I Drive My Car Myself?
If you’re relocating, you might feel that it’s competitive to drive your car yourself. If it’s a long drive, though, this could be a false economy. Let’s look at an example to illustrate this point. We’ll assume that you’re moving from Los Angeles to New York.
That’s a distance of 2,700 miles (38 hours of driving time). You won’t be able to drive without proper rest breaks and sleeping. So, you’d have to factor in costs for refreshments, motels, tolls, and so on. Overall, the cost of the gas is just a small part of the equation. So if you are asking yourself if is it worth it to ship a car, do the cost math and time-savings.
Using our transport service enables you to:
- Reduce your costs: You’re essentially splitting the costs with other people using the same carrier. An auto-transporter can hold as many as 12 cars. This makes a far more cost-effective means of transport.
- Be more environmentally friendly: It’s a better option for the environment. Those 12 cars are not active during the journey. So, instead of the emissions of 12 vehicles, it’s only the car transport that’s using gas.
- Spend your time more productively: Instead of spending the 38 hours trying to crush mind-numbing boredom, you get to spend your time more productively. You could, instead, help your kids settle into their new school, or spruce up your new home. Open Auto Transport.
Why Choose eShip Open Transport Services?
We’re one of the best transport brokers in the country. And that’s according to Consumer Affairs. We consistently rank in the top three auto transport services Nationwide. We’ve maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. That’s not easy in this industry. How we manage it is quite simple – we always put our clients first.
From day one, you’ll see the difference. Here are some of the things that make us unique:
- We’re open for business seven days a week: Most other operators take the weekends off. We don’t do this because it impacts lead times substantially. While our competitors are relaxing in the pool, we’re out there securing the best deals for you.
- We assign you one point of contact per deal: Don’t you hate it when you call your sales consultant, and they say, “You’ll have to speak to accounts”? With us, you deal with one consultant from start to finish. You don’t have to play phone tag anymore.
- We give accurate open auto transport quotes upfront: Yes, if you compare quotes, you’ll probably find competitive options. The difference is that our quote is correct, and we deliver. Many companies offer lowball quotes and are then unable to find a carrier that wants to take on the job.
- We’ve got extensive transport service industry contacts: We’ve been in business for ten years. Over that time, we’ve built up an extensive network. That’s why we can so easily match our clients with the right carriers.
- We hold our carriers up to exceptionally high standards: We don’t just work with any carrier. If the carrier lets you down, it damages our reputation, so we’re selective. We regularly reevaluate the service that the carriers are providing so that you get the best.
- We work hard to get the best open car shipping deal: You tell us where and when you need your car moved. We’ll check our national database of carriers and find the best possible rate. We’ve even been known to pull the, “I can get it competitive from …” to get you the best deal.
- You don’t pay a dime until we’ve found the driver: It’s easy to tell a client that transporting their car will cost a certain amount and demand a deposit. What’s not so easy is that the carrier must also agree to the deal. We don’t ask for a cent until we’ve secured your carrier. Open Carrier Car Shipping Services by eShip.
What are the benefits of transporting my car to another state?
The main benefit of using an auto transport service is that it saves time when compared to personally driving your vehicle to another state; you don’t have to worry about spending time and money on gas or lodging accommodations along the way, and you can rest assured that your vehicle won’t face any risk from theft or vandal activities while in transit due to professional handling procedures adopted by licensed vehicle carriers.
Is open auto transport safe?
Open auto transport (also called: open car shipping, open-air transport, and open vehicle transport) is safer than most people think. Professional open auto transporters keep vehicles secure and carry less than a 5% chance of damage. However, if shipping an exotic car, classic car or other higher than a normal vehicle, enclosed auto transport is probably the better choice.
~Is open auto transport safe?
What is the difference between open and enclosed auto transport?
eShip Transport does both open-vehicle transport and enclosed-vehicle transport. Open vehicle transport is also called open-air transport and generally means cars transported on an open-car trailer. Enclosed vehicle transport, does transport on soft-side or hard-side covered trailers. The majority of these types of auto transport trailers can carry 8-10 cars on the carriers.